Tuesday, October 28, 2008

SISTER MADEL


i've been planning to write this blog about my friend a couple of weeks ago, but i was so busy these past few days and i have an early-to-bed-early-to-rise attitude! or i can say that i am so exhausted in the day that i tend to sleep early... anyways, about 2 weeks ago, i was in my usual "night-habit"...(if i hear my husband snoring loudly, i jump out of bed and turn on my PC and there it goes... my WWW life up to the wee hours of the morning or until my eyes are still widely open!)

one late night, i happen to get bored and just kept on browsing until I found a website wherein you can find your high school batchmates... and i enjoyed it since i can view familiar names of my classmates especially those whom i haven't seen after high school graduation. And a certain name got my attention: SOLT Sr. Gabriella Dioneda. I have a very good friend named Maricel Dioneda and I know that she entered the monastery after college. The last time i saw her was more than 5 yrs ago. And with her name, is her email address and a link of a website of SOLT (Society of Our lady of the most Holy Trinity). I opened the website and learned that the monastery is located just near our place and in fact, i've been there years ago but doesn't have the idea that she's in that monastery. I e-mailed her immediately, telling her how happy i was to have found her e-mail address.

And just 2 days after, i already got a reply!!! I was so thrilled while opening the mail, i know i have a great longing since she's a very kind-hearted friend way back in high school. I was just thinking about her when i wrote my blog about concordia... maybe it was an instict that soon i'll be reunited with her. I felt her happiness while reading her mail... she was so happy that I found her and maybe it's a coincidence... she's having her final vows on December and she invited me and my husband Ernie to attend. I immediatelly e-mailed back and promised to be there on her special day! So many things was on my mind... But i didn't gave her details since it would be a surprise for her!

One Sunday morning, I told my other friends(mayla, au, ann and cel) about how i had this instant communication with Maricel or Sister Gabriella. And then we made a plan to visit her on that same day! Why wait for December??? Why not now?? Instant! hehehe! that's our friendship power! hehehe

When we arrived at the monastery at about 3Pm, we were welcomed by Sister Madel, she's the one running the monastery... We're unfortunate since our friend Maricel just left a few minutes ago and will be back on the next day! Ooohhh!!! But still, it turned out to be a good afternoon!!! Sister Madel offered us tea and pinuso (native rice cake). The pinuso was one of the best rice cake i've ever tasted! We had a great time with Sister Madel and other sisters, like Sister Elizabeth and the Thai nun (i forgot her name). The two-hour stay was very fun! I never thought that it would be a great conversation. The sisters were very kind, very humorous and wacky! imagine??? wacky sisters??? hahahaha... but literally... they are!!! the monastery was so silent when we came, and in just a few munites, we we're all laughing so hard with Sister Madel's stories. Maybe it was God's plan that we weren't able to meet our friend Maricel/Sister Gab, for us to meet and get to know more Sister Madel and the others .

After 2 hours of great conversation, we finally bid goodbye and promised to return the next Sunday. It was so nice to have sister Madel as a new friend.... and I know that it will be an everlasting friendship since it is blessed by SOMEONE up above!


No comments: