Saturday, October 25, 2008

APPRECIATING MY PARENTS

It's been more than a few weeks since my last entry..So many things happened! I was so busy in the day that i couldn't stay up so late. I was physically exhausted since my parents left for Seoul, Korea to visit my sister. I was the one in-charged with their business and of course to take care for my younger siblings. Very tiring but i understand... It's my obligation since I'm the eldest in the family. So many things happened... challenging!!! But at least it made me more independent and responsible.

From the day they left (Oct. 18), i felt a little bit uncomfortable... i felt alone as if i was the one leaving! LOL! Well, that's me! So melodramatic! hahaha... As if i carry the whole world! Just imagine! waking up early to go to the market as early as 530 AM? (and i must buy all the stuffs i need in less than an hour since my husband who drives me to the market should be home by 630 since he has to prepare and should leave for office by 730! imagine we did that for a week now and we will still be doing it for another 2 weeks! and i'll just have a quick shower and again leave to go to my mama's business! It was just a week, but i felt so exhausted! Super-duper-over-to-the-max!!!!!!!!! plus, minding my father's business. he left me with several index cards, with instructions on it regarding his business. while attending to my mama's business, i attend to my father's bank transactions and other financial dues that i have to go from one place to another to complete a certain transaction! whew! that's a lot!!! When i get home in the afternoon, or should i say, barely evening, i'm all burned out! and i still have to prepare our dinner since my 2 younger brother and sister eats with us until my parents arrives! sometimes, i cannot remember how i went to bed. All i can remember was the time i closed my eyes! LOL! Good thing my husband sometimes gives me a massage and that's the last thing i remember mostly in my evenings!

Maybe the saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder" is so true! hahaha! if there's a chance for us to chat (almost everyday though... especially with me! LOL), my sister ara, my brother akeem, my husband ernie and me all squeezed-in in our room while waiting for janice and my parents to go online! and we chat until we feel dizzy and sleepy!!! I can feel their longing for us... i can feel that they miss us especially ara and akeem. This is actually the very first time that they've been away for more than a couple of weeks. And as an elder sister, i also give extra special care and attention to my younger siblings.

so tiring! so exhausting! But now, I "APPRECIATE" my parents more! i realized how they have worked so hard to give us good life especially good education. imagine, we are 4 children and they have worked so hard to sent us to decent schools. I remember those days herein my mama would go to bed so late and wakes up so early especially if she have scheduled caterings. I can just imagine how tiring it was for her!!! Now I understand why she always complain that she cannot finish the "teleserye" she has been following because she fell asleep!!! So even if my day is a super -duper exhausting one, i never complained! i just put in my mind: MINE IS JUST FOR 3 WEEKS! WHILE MY PARENT'S HAS BEEN DOING THIS FOR 3 DECADES!!! I am so proud of my parents and i love them more!!!


No comments: