Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day: the day i died...



Mother's Day... a special day to honor MOTHERS. For years, i excitedly celebrate this day to honor my mother and my mother-in-law and the rest of the special people in my life who are now mother's in their own ways.... I made the day special by buying special gift for my mothers and aunts, it may not be expensive but it comes from my heart. Another way of making the day special for them is by giving them yummy lunch and dinner! LOL! I hope i made their day special!



I also honored my friends who are dear to me on that special day... i woke up early and managed to reload my cellphone to text and great them a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! it's a big effort though! HAHAHA!!! But surely it is! Let me introduce to you my special friends (with their adorable babies) who just celebrated their special day... dyaraaaannnnnn.... hahaha ... do i sound crazy??? hahaha pasensiya na sa mga wala sa picture!!! limited space only! LOL!


ooooppppssss... maybe there's something wrong with this picture??? 'noticed the image on the center??? hmmm... let it be! LOL!

But this special day is also the day i died!!!! It is a known fact that I'm still childless for years, but I have taken it lightly and positively! But unexpectedly, Mother’s Day got me. At one time , I was at the point of tears. .. hea y downpour! LOL I received several text messages that day, greeting me a "happy mother's day"... goodness gracious!! but it's ok... i took it lightly... i was not (so) offended. But something really got into my nerves badly!!! I've experienced my lowest moment from not-so-good-people, telling mean things about my situation... one of the worst thing that ever happened in my "childless life" ,but i'll not write the details here in my blog... repeating the story adds pain... Letting it out once is a good remedy already... Thanks to my friend Nanette for hearing me out... "hearing???" LOL... literally, reading my 3 to 4-part text messages LOL!

This year's mother's day was one memorable day of my life!!! I DID NOT ATTEND MASS THAT DAY: I really intended (and so is my husband) not to be present at that inevitable moment. At many churches, there comes a point after the mass where the priest says, “I’d like all you mothers to stand” and everyone applauds as women of all ages rise and smile and will be handed with flowers. For this reason, I may not hear mass on Mother’s Day for now... Is this reason valid?? maybe for me! I do practice gratitude and recognize the many graces of my days. But I would have preferred motherhood, and so this single boycotted day of the year is my simple way of loving myself.. i know GOD understands...

I just have a wild thought or imagination on what I would say if I were a priest on Mother’s Day. I would ask the mothers to stand, because they deserve applause, by all means. But after they were seated, I would give special commendation to all those women who were not mothers. And maybe I would say something like this:
Whatever your reason for being childless, please know this: you are a source of life to the world. You possess the ability to nurture others, may it be your family or friends, and if you free yourself to do so, you will be amazed at how motherly you actually are.

There is no substitute for physical motherhood. And for one who longs to have children ...nothing else will do. ONLY YOU! Don’t ever deny your grief... Don’t minimize the burden of emptiness...Don’t repress your desire to give birth. That desire is a unique and particular energy of womanhood, for those who have children and those who have not.



I don’t give up hope of becoming a mother myself, but rather remember
where my true hope lies..........

Every time i hear mean things about me still not having a baby... i try not to mind them and not to take their mean words seriously... but i'm a just a human..i have my weakest point. I am not a super woman who can take all the pains, who can always smile even if my heart bleeds, who can always respect people who humiliates me. I just thank GOD for giving me strength... Anyway, I AM DEFINITELY OK!!! A night of tears and reflection now uplift my spirit.... it's so good to cry once in a while... isn't it?

No comments: